Sony yesterday launched their mid-range device, Xperia T3, the stunning new quad-core smartphone created exclusively for those looking to stand out from the crowd. Beautifully crafted in a stainless steel frame, the Xperia T3 is a light and ultra-slim sensation that’s just as pleasing to hold, as it is to look at. Available since yesterday, it is retailing off-contract for S$498.
|Sony Xperia T3
|5.3”, 720p (HD) IPS LCD display
|8 MP rear, LED flash, 1.1 MP front
|1.4 GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
|8 GB, micro-SD expandable
|2500 mAh, non-removable battery
|FM Radio, NFC, LTE
Despite being crafted with high-end materials, the super-slim Xperia T3 remains light at a mere 148 grams, offering freedom and ease for life on the go. The gorgeous, stainless steel frame ‘mirrors’ the world around you. T3 comes in three stylish colours making it a real eye-catcher: white, black and purple.
The steel used in the frame ensures its slim design feels sturdy and durable, while at the same time functioning as an antenna, combining form with function. The back cover is designed with a matte material, which helps Xperia T3 feel slim and light in your hand, despite its robust build.
Built with Sony’s BRAVIA technologies, the Xperia T3 has an impressive screen with a 720p, 5.3″ IPS display that you can enjoy from any angle – perfect for creating a superior entertainment experience on the go.
The Xperia T3 is packed with Cyber-shot leading camera expertise and comes with an 8 MP camera featuring Exmor RS™ for mobile, allowing you to take exceptional pictures even in challenging lighting conditions, and HDR for video means you can shoot beautiful films, even when backlit. Thanks to SteadyShot™, all your photos will come out smooth and distortion-free.
The Xperia T3 also supports super-fast 4G networks, allowing you to share every highlight of your day, anytime and anywhere. With its Quad-core CPU with 1.4 GHz processor, making it slightly more powerful than the Xperia C3, the Xperia T3 comes with ultra-fast performance and breath-taking graphics, ideal for entertainment on the go. In addition to its long-lasting 2500 mAh battery, the Battery STAMINA Mode also helps you enjoy your entertainment experience for longer.
The combination of its powerful processor, super-fast4G networks, and extensive battery life, shows the Xperia T3 truly combines style with power – allowing you to consume the latest entertainment through the Sony Entertainment Network, browse the internet or share pictures and videos instantaneously.
The Xperia T3 features camera apps designed to enhance the way we create and share images socially:
● Social live – lets you broadcast every precious moment as it happens live via Facebook and lets you see and share comments in real time on the phone’s screen
● AR effect – switch your camera to AR effect mode to add new sound effects and fun animations to your photos and videos. Ranging from dinosaurs to ocean-life, these fully customisable themes can be easily edited as you go.
● Timeshift burst – if you’re afraid you’re going to be too late on the shutter, don’t be. Timeshift burst takes 31 frames within just two seconds. Starting even before you press the shutter, Timeshift burst can make sure you capture the perfect picture.
● Creative effects – to give your pictures an artistic edge apply a wide selection of looks to your photos and videos with creative effects; change colours, add image trails or apply mirror effects. Available in real-time for video, these adjustment enhance your clips and open up a world of possibilities.
● Portrait Retouch – style your close-ups. Portrait Retouch makes sure you’re always captured looking your best with features including real-time makeup, deco frame and other options. You can also see changes in real time, before capturing the shot to ensure a photogenic finish.
Sony has committed to continuously improve its selection of camera apps, with more apps constantly available to download and new ones continuously released. Easy transfer Xperia™ Transfer is an ultra-easy, safe and simple app that’ll help you move your contacts, photos, bookmarks, apps, music, messages and much more from your old Android or iOS device to your new Xperia T3.
Furthermore, Xperia Transfer Mobile2 makes the switch even easier – no need to use your PC or Mac, you can transfer directly from phone to phone. Moving from an iOS or Android phone to Xperia has never been easier or faster.
The perfect companion for style conscious consumers looking for a phone that doesn’t compromise on design or technology – the new Xperia T3 had launched globally from the end of July 2014. Xperia T3 is available in black, white and purple. It has been available at all mobile operators, Sony Stores and Centres, and authorised retailers at a RRP of S$498 (without contract) since 30 August 2014. Please refer to the respective mobile operators for pricing with contract.