Last night, the Twenty First Tech team attended the Samsung GALAXY S5 launch event. Samsung announced the launch of the fifth generation of its GALAXY S series, the GALAXY S5 LTE, in Singapore yesterday. Designed for what matters most to consumers, the new GALAXY S5 LTE offers consumers a refined experience with innovation and essential features for day-to-day use.
The device will be available for sale on 12 April onwards.
Read on for the pre-order links from your favourite telcos.
Pre-Order/ Registration of Interest
Registration of interest with Operators for the Samsung GALAXY S5 LTE will start on 28 March 2014, 1200 hours at the following URLs:
· M1: http://www.m1.com.sg/galaxys5
· SingTel: http://www.singtel.com/galaxys5
· StarHub: http://www.starhub.com/galaxys5
Consumers can also visit Samsung Experience Stores from 28 March 2014 during opening hours to pre-order the Samsung GALAXY S5 LTE (without contract) by placing a S$50 deposit per device.
Customers will receive a GALAXY S5 LTE Limited Edition Accessory Pack (worth S$126) consisting of an extra Battery Kit and HDTV Adapter, while stocks last, when they collect their Samsung GALAXY S5 LTE. They will also enjoy S$50 off the RRP of Gear 2 and Gear Neo, and 20% off the RRP on S View Cover and Flip Wallet when they purchase the Samsung GALAXY S5 LTE.
Recommended retail prices:
· GALAXY S5 LTE – S$1,068
· S View Cover – S$78
· Flip Wallet – S$58
Key highlights of the GALAXY S5 LTE
· With the Enhanced S Health, the new GALAXY S5 LTE empowers users to pledge commitment towards a healthier lifestyle by allowing them to set fitness goals. When users enter age, height and weight, it will recommend a customised daily calorie intake.
· Fast Auto Focus, at up to 0.3 seconds. With its advanced Real Time HDR (Rich Tone), the GALAXY S5 LTE is capable of reproducing natural light and colour with striking intensity in any circumstances. In addition, the new Selective Focus feature allows users to focus on a specific area of an object while simultaneously blurring out the background. With this capability, consumers no longer need a special lens kit to create a shallow depth of field (DOF) effect.
· Qualified protection from water and dust (IP67), so you never have to leave the device at home during a long day at the beach or a dusty hike. The rubber-sealed design helps to keep dust particles out and protect against harmful ingress of water for up to 30 minutes of submergence at a depth of one metre.
· Extend your remaining 10% battery life with up to 30 hours’ worth of standby time when you enable Ultra Power Saving Mode. You will no longer need to worry about being uncontactable when you are unable to charge your battery. When the feature is enabled, GALAXY S5 LTE’s essential apps such as phone and SMSes will still be available, while all unnecessary features will be shut down to minimise battery consumption.
· In partnership with PayPal, GALAXY S5 users will be the first to be able to login and shop at any merchant that accepts PayPal on mobile and in-stores using only their fingerprint as authentication.
· GALAXY S5 LTE users with exclusive content deals that will enhance their well-being through GALAXY Life, a mobile application preloaded on the GALAXY S5 LTE. GALAXY Life offers Samsung consumers entry and access to a community, where they receive curated and exclusive content optimised for their GALAXY S5 LTE.